Re: Who has had success installing a Guix system on arm?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Who has had success installing a Guix system on arm?
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 14:32:07 -0500

I managed to install the guix system on an armv7 board, the cubietruck, more
than a year ago. That was probably guix 0.16, or 1.0.1, I can't remember.

Maybe this can help a bit:
https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2019/guix-on-an-arm-board/

I installed guix, the package manager, on top of an existing distro and managed
to install from there. One thing you should be careful of when installing on
top of the running system, is that the store database is going to be out of
sync, which will very quickly create issues (glibc suddenly disappearing or
things like that…). Because of that, I ended up installing uboot on flash
memory, and the system on an external ssd.

Once you manage to install it though, it works perfectly fine, though you don't
get substitutes as often as on x86_64, so you'll have to be patient.

Here's my conf:
https://framagit.org/tyreunom/system-configuration/-/blob/master/systems/ene.scm