Re: Some (little) problems about contributing to the translation of guix

From: Hubert Lombard
Subject: Re: Some (little) problems about contributing to the translation of guix-manual
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:28:02 +0100

Hi, Miguel!

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 20:42:05 +0100
Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas <rosen644835@gmail.com> wrote:

> I supposed you have a clone of the repository, if not you need these
> two extra steps (I suppose you don't even have Git in your
> profile[1], just a running guix installation):
>
> $ guix environment --ad-hoc git -- git clone
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git $ cd guix
>
> And then the steps from my last mail. :-)

Nice! I'll try.

> I'm sure you'll advance more, just wanted to ensure. :-)

Yes, I can advance enough for now, at the end of this day, I hope to
have 88% or more translated. Don't worry for your "I'm sure", I had
understood ;-)

> Po-mode is easy... once you get the key bindings, hehehe.  'f'
> (fuzzy), 'u' (untranslated), RET (edit the current translation, open
> an Emacs window) and 'C-c C-c' (accept the translation, close the
> Emacs window). Upper case letters for the reverse order... And the
> rest are nice-to-have features, like 'V' to execute msgfmt and so on.

I will have a look.

> [1] I personally recommend you to use in your daily work git or any
> other VCS: they are very useful tools, help to avoid lots of problems
> and aren't really hard to use for an only-forward workflow (save =
> commit), which is a real life saver sometimes.

Very interesting, when I have a moment, I'll try too... This will allow me to
to enter a little more into the living side of guix, indeed :-)

Again, thanks for yours recommendations ;)

--
Hubert