Re: Italian Translation of the Guix Manual

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Italian Translation of the Guix Manual
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 07:54:32 -0400

Le 24 octobre 2020 06:46:43 GMT-04:00, Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli
<matias_jose_seco@autoproduzioni.net> a écrit :
>Hello!
>I've found really useful pointers:
>https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-08/msg00008.html

Yes, you should follow advice in this email. Contact your team as they can
alvise you better. Once you're part of the Italian team, you can start
translating.

Since there is no current translation for italian, you should download the pot
file (at the top of the page:
https://translationproject.org/domain/guix-manual.html) and use it in your
favorite translation software (poedit, gtranslator, emacs' po mode, offlate, …).

Once you are ready, please send the resulting po file to the robot. We'll take
care of the rest.

You will find more information at
https://translationproject.org/html/translators.html

Note that we do not require a disclaimer for translating guix, so you can start
right away.

>My main curiosity it's if we should use the TP or Weblate facility,
>since i was reading a migration was planned.

Please use the TP for this release, as the migration is taking a lot more time
than expected.