Re: How do you define a service?

From: divoplade
Subject: Re: How do you define a service?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:53:17 +0200

Thank you for your responses. I reduced down the problem further.

The following program, as run in a service, creates an *empty* file
"/tmp/wtf", and runs for a minute:

(format (open-output-file "/tmp/wtf") "WTF???\n")

(sleep 60)

The following program, as run in the same condition, create an *empty*
file and fails immediately:

(with-output-to-file "/tmp/wtf"
  (display "WTF???\n"))

(sleep 60)

So I think the question is rather, whether Guile can actually work in a
shepherd forkexec environment: I guess the standard ports are closed,
so maybe guile panics when it is time to flush the data, even if the
ports are redirected.

Do you have an example of a service written in guile that works in this
context?

Best regards,

divoplade