Re: define udev-service-type fails with "did you forget to import.." err

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: define udev-service-type fails with "did you forget to import.." error
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 17:00:24 +0200

Stefan,

Stefan Huchler 写道:
When I try to redefine the udev-service like described in [0]
[...]
I get following error: /etc/config.scm: [...]

That's not what [0] describes, is it? It illustrates some service concepts, using real code as example.

It doesn't imply that the example code can or should be added to a system configuration.

That module does not export udev-shepherd-service AFAICT.
And which does,

Nobody: (gnu services base) defines udev-shepherd-service but does not export it. It's not intended to be API, nor do I think it needs to be.

You might be able to use (@@ (gnu services base) udev-shepherd-service), which forces the module to give up its secrets. It's not good style, and it won't always work but often does.

and why does guix cli interface claim it would do that,
with it's hint?

Because it's naive. See <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/43498> and - please! - beat me to a fix ;-)

Kind regards,

T G-R