Re: Problem with guix pull (error when generating cashe for a package)

From: Todor Kondić
Subject: Re: Problem with guix pull (error when generating cashe for a package)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 03:26:41 +0000

On Tuesday, 29 September 2020 19:04, zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 at 07:18, Todor Kondić tk.code@protonmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Doing a pull this morning (guix pull -c4) results in this error:
> > (repl-version 0 1 1)
> > Generating package cache for
> > '/gnu/store/9h588g8m8rz57yy465gi32m0822s1nsd-profile'...
> > (exception unbound-variable (value #f) (value "Unbound variable: ~S")
> > (value (r-preprocesscore)) (value #f))
>
> What is your output of “guix describe”?
>
> > Another interesting thing is that when,
> > guix package -r gnucash
> > I get,
> > guix package: warning: Your Guix installation is 26 days old.
> > guix package: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
> > 'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.
> > guix package: error: package 'gnucash' not found in profile
>
> What is your output of “guix package -l”?
>
> All the best,
> simon

Hello,

I solved the first issue. The r-preprocessorcore package has probably been
moved to a different module (bioconductor) and one of the packages in my custom
channel depending on it just needed to be updated with an additional use-module
entry.

As for the second problem, I wiped the entire system recently, so I cannot
comment any further on this :)