Re: Guix Bluetooth Headset

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant
Subject: Re: Guix Bluetooth Headset
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 16:04:44 +0200

Hi,

I have a headset that can be used either with a cord or with Bluetooth,
and I got it to almost work with Bluetooth. The only problem I have is
that I want it to use the A2DP profile but most of the time it decides
to use the HSP profile and refuses to switch to A2DP, therefore the
sound is not as good.

In my 'config.scm' file I had to modify the pulseaudio service to use
a custom configuration file (in attachment):

(operating-system
  (services
   (cons* ...
          (bluetooth-service)
          (modify-services %desktop-services
            (pulseaudio-service-type config =>
              (pulseaudio-configuration
               (inherit config)
               (script-file (local-file "/etc/guix/default.pa"))))))))

I'm also using the vanilla Linux kernel instead of Linux-libre, but I'm
not sure if it makes a difference for Bluetooth headsets.

HTH!