Re: /var/guix/ banished out of nowhere

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: /var/guix/ banished out of nowhere
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 23:31:48 +0200

Abraham Jose <abraham.juegos1237@gmail.com> writes:

> So i was configuring xorg in a minimal install and suddenly my /var/guix/
> folder dissapeared (i noticed once i forcefully restarted my system because
> xorg didnt detect my keyboard (sudo xinit bspwm being the command in
> wuestion)).
> How do i deal with this? Is there a way to generate the folder again?

This is the first time I’m hearing of a problem like that.  Guix cannot
delete /var/guix.  It needs what’s in there, most importantly the
database that tells the daemon what items in /gnu/store are valid and
which of them are not.  Without that database everything in /gnu/store
is invalid.

There is no way to recover from this other than reinstallation of Guix.

--
Ricardo