Re: how to add hwdb of keyboard

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: how to add hwdb of keyboard
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 08:51:31 +0200

Stefan Huchler <stefan.huchler@mail.de> writes:

> Another annoying thing is that I have to use the -I parameter from guix:
> guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm -L guix-packages/
>
> I set that to .bashrc:
>
> export GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH="~/guix-packages"
>
> Why do I have to use the -L parameter when I already have defined that
> path?

You should not have to.  I assume ~/guix-packages is a set of custom
modules.  GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH affects all of Guix.  But it won’t be
available when you use “sudo” unless you tell “sudo” to keep the
currently set environment (e.g. with “sudo -E”).

“guix system reconfigure” must run with root permissions.

--
Ricardo