Re: guix system disk-image failure aarch64 -> armhf

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: guix system disk-image failure aarch64 -> armhf
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 11:32:42 +0200

Hello Mathieu,

thanks for your helpful reply!

On Wed, Sep 09, 2020 at 11:11:18AM +0200, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:
> That does not really explain the error though, but that's another
> issue. The pending patch here[1], will hopefully help users specify
> their target image. It means that you should be able to write:

> guix system disk-image -t novena config.scm

That looks really interesting, but I cannot meaningfully comment on the
bug report. Maybe it is time after the summer vacation season to poke
people more competent on the subject to comment :)

> Until then, running something like:
> (run-with-store (open-connection)
>   (mlet* %store-monad
>       ((drv     (lower-object (system-image my-image "armhf-linux")))
>        (build   (built-derivations (list drv))))
>     (return #t)))

If by running you mean calling "guile the-above-file.scm", then I get
strange results. I just did a "guix system reconfigure"; "which guile"
returns "/run/current-system/profile/bin/guile". However then I get lots
of suspicious messages of this kind:
;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode version
;;; WARNING: compilation of
/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/diagnostics.scm failed:
;;; Unbound variable: trivial-format-string?

How can byte codes be incompatible if on one hand they are part of the
profile, on the other hand I am running guile from the same profile?

Andreas