Re: qutebrowser has no sound

From: bdju
Subject: Re: qutebrowser has no sound
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 16:16:08 -0500

On Fri Sep 11, 2020 at 8:43 AM CDT, Alexandru-Sergiu Marton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been occasionally experiencing the same problem. While I don't
> know the permanent fix for this, I found that if I open pavucontrol and
> also play a bit of music with mpv and _only after_ this ritual open
> qutebrowser, I don't have problems with missing sound anymore.
>
> I suspect that it's got something to do with spawning some kind of
> processes for pulseaudio.
>
> Cheers,
> Sergiu

Thank you for the suggestion.
I played some stuff in mpv and restarted qutebrowser, but no dice. Same
when I pkill'd pulseaudio, opened something in mpv, then tried
qutebrowser again. I had qutebrowser open during part of this, so I
tried again, closing qutebrowser, killing pulseaudio, opening mpv, then
finally launching qutebrowser again. I don't get any different results,
so perhaps my issue is not quite the same.
I agree that it's probably something to do with spawning pulseaudio
processes since nothing even shows up for it.