Re: How to create a substitute server with substitutes that failed?

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: How to create a substitute server with substitutes that failed?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 16:56:26 +0200

Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> writes:
> The best would be to run "guix publish" on your server, as it will allow
> others to use your server as a substitute server, instead of having to
> manually download archives of the package and dependencies.
Thank you for your answer!

Is it possible to do the equivalent of guix publish on a dumb server?

The webhosts I have are pretty dumb servers that definitely have no
Guix, and I have no root-access (and currently don’t want it, because I
don’t like the maintenance burden that comes with it).

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein