What about GCC support for ADA ?

From: divoplade
Subject: What about GCC support for ADA ?
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 10:59:54 +0200

Hello all,

Recently I was introduced to the ada programming language. I wanted to
give it a try. As the FSF had a certain role in the development of a
compiler, I thought it would be best showcased in guix. However, it is
not installed with gcc-toolchain (I am on a foreign distribution).

Are there deep reasons why it is disabled? It seems to me that the
objective C variant is in a separate package, so maybe it could be as
simple as making a derivative package for ada. Is there a bootstrapping
problem for instance?

Best regards

divoplade