Enchant from Guix misreports numerals on both Debian buster and bullseye

From: Jorge P. de Morais Neto
Subject: Enchant from Guix misreports numerals on both Debian buster and bullseye
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 15:06:39 -0300

Hello.  I reported Emacs bug#42248 and I and the Emacs developers
realized at least part of the problem is with Guix version of Enchant.

On an updated Debian bullseye, enchant 2.2.8 from Guix misreports
numerals.  The same enchant version, when installed from APT, does not
have this problem.  Guix enchant 2.2.8 on Debian buster also misreports
numerals.  See (on Debian bullseye):

$ enchant-2 -v
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Enchant 2.2.8)
$ which enchant-2
/usr/bin/enchant-2
$ enchant-2 -l -d en_US /tmp/enchant-test.txt
Doesn
Amarelou

$ guix install enchant; hash enchant-2
[...]
$ enchant-2 -v
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Enchant 2.2.8)
$ which enchant-2
/home/jorge/.guix-profile/bin/enchant-2
$ enchant-2 -l -d en_US /tmp/enchant-test.txt
2015
Casa
42
Amarelou
2018

The file /tmp/enchant-test.txt:
Doesn't 2015
Casa 42
Amarelou 2018

So enchant 2.2.8 (either from APT or from Guix) does not understand
"doesn't"; and, what's worse, enchant-2.2.8 from Guix reports every
numeral as a misspelling.

Regards

--
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.