Re: Certificate problem with curl, though icecat works

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Certificate problem with curl, though icecat works
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:47:13 +0200

Hi TK

TK <tkprom@protonmail.com> writes:

[...]

> However, doing the same thing with  curl errors out:
>
> $ curl
> https://actorws.epa.gov/actorws/chemIdentifier/v01/resolve.json?identifier=MKXZASYAUGDDCJ-NJAFHUGGSA-N
>
> curl: (60) server certificate verification failed. CAfile:
> /home/user/.guix-profiles/profile/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile:
> none
> More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
>
> ca-certificates.crt exists at the CAfile location and CURL_CA_BUNDLE is set
> properly.

This is similar to
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-06/msg00025.html

and it should be fixed in the latest GnuTLS, which is in Guix since
commiy 8951b9496b5c390adb3b3292d234bb8ab9936c40

Anyway I can confirm that I get the same results as you.

I'm going to investigare if I can add something useful and open a bug
(probably upstream?)

happy hacking! Gio'

--
Giovanni Biscuolo