Use guix to verify that code changes do not affect binary?

From: elaexuotee
Subject: Use guix to verify that code changes do not affect binary?
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 15:41:07 +0900

Hello Guix,

I am hacking on the build scripts of an existing project and need to make sure
that my changes do not affect the actual build products.

Is there a good way to leverage guix for this?

Previously, I had been doing this manually by (deterministically) tarring up
the build products and comparing hashes; however, this is a bit prone to
me flubbing up the tar-hash-compare process.

For a brief moment, I thought I could write a package definition that points to
a specific `devel/foo' branch of my repo and then have `guix build --check`
compare builds as I update the branch head. However, the source hash obviously
changes, so this idea is dead in the water.

What I need is a way to verify whether build outputs change as I make on the
`devel/foo' branch. Any brilliant ideas?

Cheers!