Re: Jami crashes (dring not available)

From: Jan Wielkiewicz
Subject: Re: Jami crashes (dring not available)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:24:24 +0200

Dnia 2020-07-28, o godz. 12:03:26
Tirifto <tirifto@posteo.cz> napisał(a):

> Hello!
Hi!

> I’m running Guix on Parabola and I’ve installed Jami through it. When
> I try to run it, the welcome window appears, but pops up a message
> saying it couldn’t connect to the Jami daemon (dring). Running from
> the command line, the following message is spammed:
I don't really know why, but I had no luck running Jami on external
distributions.
You can try running the daemon manually:
1. get the path to libring by running "guix build libring"
2. You are going to get something like this, copy and paste it to a
terminal
/gnu/store/lymcxmd0k50n8wg89yns34fpw6li2md1-libring-20200710.1.6bd18d2
3. Add "/lib/ring/dring" at the end:
/gnu/store/lymcxmd0k50n8wg89yns34fpw6li2md1-libring-20200710.1.6bd18d2/lib/ring/dring
4. Run it.

Then your client should be able to connect to the daemon.

> Regards
> // Tirifto

If anyone has any idea why Jami doesn't start on external
distributions, please tell me.

Jan Wielkiewicz