Re: Conflict with duplicate dependencies after removing and attempting t

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Conflict with duplicate dependencies after removing and attempting to reinstall gnucash package
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 09:57:32 +0200

Dear,

On Mon, 06 Jul 2020 at 06:05, Todor Kondić <tk.code@protonmail.com> wrote:
> What baffles me is that both dconf entries come from gnucash, even the
> same version of it. I did experiment with multiple profiles, but I am
> pretty sure I don't have the program in any of them any more.

What do you mean?

>> > The following package will be installed:
>> > gnucash 3.8
>> > guix package: error: profile contains conflicting entries for dconf
>> > guix package: error: first entry: dconf@0.34.0
>> > /gnu/store/y0m48gd4hasgbjgwwy4q1c7jn7j7db4z-dconf-0.34.0
>> > guix package: error: ... propagated from gnucash@3.8
>> > guix package: error: second entry: dconf@0.34.0
>> > /gnu/store/sb4f1xyfzlk189lnr56sv6mj1mwcclb9-dconf-0.34.0
>> > guix package: error: ... propagated from gnucash@3.8
>> > hint: You cannot have two different versions or variants of `gnucash' in
>> > the same profile.

It is hard to tell more without moreinfo. :-)
Well, it really depends on the packages you have in this profile and
what you did.  Basically, if you want to investigate, you need to give a
look at "guix package -l" and "guix pull -l".

The commit dfb0191 added "dconf" as propagated inputs for "gnucash".

All the best,
simon