Re: Printer configuration

From: Wiktor Żelazny
Subject: Re: Printer configuration
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 21:42:13 +0200

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 02:13:14PM -0400, Kyle Andrews wrote:

> Wiktor Żelazny writes:
>
> > Does /gnu/store/.../cups/filter/rastertoqpdl exist?
>
> Yes, it exists in the splix package, but not in the cups package.
> Looking at the Guix source code I saw that ~system-config-printer~ (in
> ~guix/gnu/packages/gnome.scm~) takes input from cups on build, but not
> from splix or other print drivers. Could that be part of the problem?

I wouldn’t be surprised. On the other hand, it does not import other
extensions, such as hplip and foomatic-filters, either.

Did you run guix system reconfigure after adding the packages to
config.scm? Did you try removing and adding the printer again
afterwards?

Does a /var/guix/profiles/system/profile/lib/cups/filter/rastertoqpdl
symlink exist in your filesystem? I think you could try changing the
rastertoqpdl path defined in the system-config-printer configuration (or
CUPS configuration, assuming it’s just a CUPS GUI frontend) from
/gnu/store/… to that path. /gnu/store/ contents are volatile. Again,
just guessing; perhaps the path is hardcoded into the CUPS/splix build
and uneditable.

WŻ