Re: Erlang + Emacs profile

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Erlang + Emacs profile
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:25:19 +0200

Hi Maxim!

Thanks for your message! I'll try it out. It implies some things I'd
rather not do though:

* It requires keeping multiple Emacs on my system. How will they
interact with the same ~/.emacs.d/.init.el?
* This approach seems to install everything only temporary, reinstalling
every single time. But I can use a profile, so that's fine.

How did you package emacs-ob-erlang? (I did not yet package a single
package for Guix, so I assume no prior knowledge.) Or is it a rather
lengthy procedure to do so? I think this might be one of the next things
I learn about Guix, which is very useful, because if a package is
missing, one can add it oneself, without having to rely on others to add it.

It's an OK-ish solution to simply modify my PATH to make ob-erlang find
erl, however, I was hoping for a configuration value in ob-emacs itself,
so that I can set everything inside that plugin.

I usually install Emacs packages inside Emacs, instead of using Guix for
it. I do this, because probably not all packages I want are available in
Guix, but I have not checked this assumption at all.

I think I'll be fine with adapting my PATH for now, just need to do it
in a way, that will keep working when I update Guix packages.

Thanks,
Zelphir