Re: Questions about guix handling emacs packages

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Re: Questions about guix handling emacs packages
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 09:50:33 -0700

Hi Alexey,

Alexey Abramov <levenson@mmer.org> writes:

> AFAIK emacs-ts is failing on check. There are couple of PRs in the upstream:
>
> https://github.com/alphapapa/ts.el/pull/9
> https://github.com/alphapapa/ts.el/pull/8

Strange, it built fine for me with guix commit:
ba6d3612550f5d978c4b5b1df122444f8fb29377. Maybe those checks aren't fatal?

> Regarding the magit highlighting, emacs 27 has a new face attribute
> :extend. You can read about the issue here
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37774
>
> ,----[ C-h i d m emacs s :extend ]
> |    This is one of the few faces that has the ‘:extend t’ attribute by
> | default, which implies that the same face is used to highlight the text
> | and space between end of line and the window border.  To highlight only
> | the text you could set this attribute to ‘nil’.
> `----

Nice, did not know about the :extend attribute.

> Magit fix is on the master already
> https://github.com/magit/magit/commit/891ebdca58ef498ff3b94c8ac2921cc6b72c3d25
>
> In the meantime you can do something like this:

> (dolist (face '(magit-diff-hunk-heading
>                   magit-diff-hunk-heading-highlight
>                   magit-diff-hunk-heading-selection
>                   magit-diff-hunk-region
>                   magit-diff-lines-heading
>                   magit-diff-lines-boundary
>                   magit-diff-conflict-heading
>                   magit-diff-added
>                   magit-diff-removed
>                   magit-diff-our
>                   magit-diff-base
>                   magit-diff-their
>                   magit-diff-context
>                   magit-diff-added-highlight
>                   magit-diff-removed-highlight
>                   magit-diff-our-highlight
>                   magit-diff-base-highlight
>                   magit-diff-their-highlight
>                   magit-diff-context-highlight
>                   magit-diff-whitespace-warning
>                   magit-diffstat-added
>                   magit-diffstat-removed
>                   magit-section-heading
>                   magit-section-heading-selection
>                   magit-section-highlight
>                   magit-section-secondary-heading
>                   magit-diff-file-heading
>                   magit-diff-file-heading-highlight
>                   magit-diff-file-heading-selection))
>     (set-face-attribute face nil :extend t))

This seems to be fixed in the version of guix I'm using. I don't have
that issue anymore and I'm using emacs 27 and magit from guix.

--
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g