Re: Access custom images inside disk image

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Access custom images inside disk image
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 22:42:00 +0200

Hello,

"Reza Alizadeh Majd" <address@hidden> skribis:

> I built a modified version of Guix to have a series of custom Channels
> by default. using this modified version, everything is OK, and I have
> access to these custom channels by default.
>
> The problem is that when I create a disk image using this custom build
> of Guix, only default Guix channel  details is available during build,
> and I need to perform a `guix pull` to make the profile cache updated
> and install packages located in custom channels.
>
> is there any way that allow me to have these custom channels available
> by default in disk image?

To be clear, you don’t just want a predefined /etc/guix/channels.scm,
you want the actually channel bits as returned by ‘guix pull’, right?

This is currently not easy to do out of the box, but here’s a couple of
tricks to more or less do that:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/tree/website/.guix.scm#n42
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/ci.scm#n265

The 2nd one in particular would allow you to treat a “pulled Guix” as a
package.

HTH!

Ludo’.