Re: Geiser and Guix - how to avoid long compilation steps?

From: divoplade
Subject: Re: Geiser and Guix - how to avoid long compilation steps?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 02:05:15 +0200

Hello,

I think that guix does not support guile 3 yet, so you should have
guile 2 bytecode for the guix modules. If geiser starts guile 3, then
guile 3 will recompile everything because the bytecode format changed
(and it could even compile native code).

Maybe it could work if you used guile 2.2 with geiser.

divoplade