Re: conf file - where is it ?

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: conf file - where is it ?
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 19:52:17 +0200

Il giorno sab 9 mag 2020 alle ore 19:14 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden>
ha scritto:

> Catonano,
>
> Catonano 写道:
> > ehm... and how will I know when it's been updated ?
>
> The release manager (i.e. Ludo') sends a message to the list when
> there's a new release, and it's generally a big deal.  A minor
> bugfix release would be no different.
>
> However, there's no reason to download binary snapshots from
> gnu.org if you have Guix installed.  In fact I'd recommend against
> it.
>
> Any reason you can't guix pull && build it yourself?

I haven't Guix installed.

I'm running Ubuntu and I'm a bit wary of installing Guix on top of it
because I remember the obsessive reporting by apparmor about Guix
attempting to do something

Also, I don't want the package manager, I want the whole distro

That's why I chose to run the image for Qemu, so I could have the whole
thing but without managing (too much) operating systems, which I despise

My idea was that I would have used the configuration file as a starting
point for reconfiguring the machine running in Qemu

But it's not a big deal, I'll wait

Thank you Tobias !