Re: Thunar does not launch: Failed to execute child process 'gio-launch-

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Thunar does not launch: Failed to execute child process 'gio-launch-desktop'
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:29:26 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Hello! I use pcmanfm and everything works fine.
> But when I open Downloads folder from IceCat it is opening in Thunar that has
> ugly behavior.
> When I click on any file it cannot run an Application with this error:
>
> Failed to open filename.csv
> Failed to execute child process 'gio-launch-desktop' (No such file or
> directory).
>
> Screen:
> http://0x0.st/iezi.png (http://0x0.st/iezi.png)
>
> I use Xfce4 desktop.
> How can I fix it?

This problem has been fixed on the soon-to-be-merged 'core-updates'
branch.  Pulling that branch should be safe as no big rebuilds are
scheduled at this point, and you get to help out Guix development by
testing it!

To get it, use 'guix pull --branch=core-updates' or adjust your
channels.scm.

If using "core-updates" is impractical, you can work around this issue
in the meantime by adding (list glib "bin") in the 'packages' field of
your operating-system declaration.

HTH!
Marius