Re: Wi-Fi connection during gui-based installation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Wi-Fi connection during gui-based installation
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 22:35:37 +0200

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Minton <address@hidden> skribis:

> I successfully put guix-system-install-1.0.1.x86_64-linux.iso on a mem stick
> and booted.
>
> GUI installer hung up on connecting to wifi network (successfully found
> interface and scanned, showing target wifi name) on message "connection in
> progress  Connecting to ... please wait.

Yeah, unfortunately we discovered this bug in the 1.1.0 image (it’s now
fixed: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/40682>).

If it’s an option for you, I’d suggest installing over Ethernet.

> I went to manual install, network wifi and successfully entered a
> wpa_supplicant.conf and connected (ping -c 3 gnu.org)
>
> I think the script's wpa_supplicant.conf is missing some parameter.  How do I
> specify that, or break out of the script to connect to the network manually
> and then return?

What does ‘wpa_supplicant.conf’ contains?

> Is there some other forum to ask this question?

This is the right forum.

Thanks for your feedback, and apologies for the bug!

Ludo’.