Help on writing package definitions

From: Emmanuel Medernach
Subject: Help on writing package definitions
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 08:32:35 +0200

Hello Guixers !

I am new to Guix and try to write package definitions to automate and make
some installation reproducible.

I have few questions:

- Why not export the license record type from license.scm ? Some project
has its own license and I cannot create it.

- I have errors when I try to build with guix that I don't have when I
build manually. I have a package (asiofi) which depends on another one
(libfabric) but the build does not find it. Here is my current file
attached and the command I use:

# guix build -K --load-path=/home/emederna/src/packages -e '(@ (CBM)
asiofi)'
CMake Error at test/CMakeLists.txt:9 (add_executable):
  Target "afi_msg_bw" links to target "OFI::libfabric" but the target was
not
  found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED target,
or
  an ALIAS target is missing?

Manually the compilation works fine, what am I missing ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Emmanuel Medernach