installing and searching from custom channel

From: Anthony Quizon
Subject: installing and searching from custom channel
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 16:23:56 +1000

I'm trying to experiment with my own channel packages.

Here is my current channel code:
https://github.com/anthonyquizon/guix-channel

The docs in https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Channels.html mentions
that if I have packages in a subdirectory, I need to specify its location
in .guix-channel.

However, doing this, 'guix pull' does not work and giving me an error:

*|builder for
`/gnu/store/04xj2y92320w5jd2rs3kqcdd4wxg0w78-anthonyquizon-packages.drv'
failed to produce output path
`/gnu/store/ky6097zcynxvwdkmgk5vw7p2qrqwyby8-anthonyquizon-packages'

               build of
/gnu/store/04xj2y92320w5jd2rs3kqcdd4wxg0w78-anthonyquizon-packages.drv
failed         *

(I've renamed .guix-channel to _guix-channel for now)

I tried to add a package in the root folder and was not able to search or
install it via "guix search hello-foo" and "guix install hello-foo" after a
"guix pull".

The package builds fine with "guix build -L . anthony-hello".

Is there something I'm missing?