Wi-Fi connection during gui-based installation

From: Stephen Minton
Subject: Wi-Fi connection during gui-based installation
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:52:32 -0400

Greetings.  I am stuck ---

I successfully put guix-system-install-1.0.1.x86_64-linux.iso on a mem stick
and booted.

GUI installer hung up on connecting to wifi network (successfully found
interface and scanned, showing target wifi name) on message "connection in
progress  Connecting to ... please wait.

I went to manual install, network wifi and successfully entered a
wpa_supplicant.conf and connected (ping -c 3 gnu.org)

I think the script's wpa_supplicant.conf is missing some parameter.  How do I
specify that, or break out of the script to connect to the network manually and
then return?

Is there some other forum to ask this question?

Thanks