ffmpeg and alsa/pulseaudio

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: ffmpeg and alsa/pulseaudio
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 11:54:35 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to make a screencast with ffmpeg and I'm having issues.

I had a screen recording script on the past, based on alsa, but it's not
working in guix because it looks like ffmpeg wasn't compiled with alsa. Is that
true? Is there something I missing to activate alsa on ffmpeg?

This is the command I was running:

ffmpeg \
    -y -f x11grab -draw_mouse 1 -framerate 25 -video_size 1920x1080 -i $DISPLAY
\
    -f alsa -ac 2 -i default \
    -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast \
    -c:a libmp3lame -q:v 1 -s 1920x1080 -f matroska \
    output.mkv

I tried to make it with pulseaudio replacing alsa by pulse in the command but
the audio is distorted. It sounds very fast.

Any idea? Do you use ffmpeg for screen recording too?

Thanks