Re: Could anyone please package RStudio?

From: Kyle Andrews
Subject: Re: Could anyone please package RStudio?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 23:02:21 -0400

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Kyle Andrews <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> […] Below I provide
>>> links to the NixOS RStudio package along with Rekado's package of an
>>> older version of RStudio (which also didn't build for me).
>>
>> The rstudio-server package in the guix-bimsb channel[1] can be built
>> again.  I’m going to work on getting this older version into Guix first,
>> and then try to upgrade it later.
>
> [1]:
> https://github.com/BIMSBbioinfo/guix-bimsb/blob/master/bimsb/packages/staging.scm#L106

I tried installing rstudio again from guix-bimsb, but it failed for me
at building the qtwebkit package. Unfortunately, I don't think I saved
the details. I'm eager to see rstudio available through the official
guix repo so the installation process can be much faster and less
stressful on my aging laptop.