AVR toolchain and AVR libc

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: AVR toolchain and AVR libc
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 13:53:26 +0000

Hi,

I'm having some issues with AVR toolchain.
I'm trying to compile QMK Firmware with Guix and it doesn't find the AVR header
files. Checking my profile installation I find there are not `include` files
for AVR-Libc.

Using guix edit avr-toolchain I read the following:

    (define (avr-toolchain avr-gcc)
      ;; avr-libc checks the compiler version and passes "--enable-device-lib"
for avr-gcc > 5.1.0.
      ;; It wouldn't install the library for atmega32u4 etc if we didn't use
the corret avr-gcc.

But I don't really understand what it means.
How can I install the avr-libc header files?

They are supposed to be included in avr-toolchain but looks like they aren't.

Thanks!

ElenQ Technology
Ethical Innovation