Automated system upgrade

From: Jimmy Thrasibule
Subject: Automated system upgrade
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 13:36:37 +0100

Hi,

I would like to know about the best way one would automate a Guix system
reconfiguration. The idea is to put the system configuration stanza into a
Git repository and then having the systems regularly pull from this
repository and reconfigure.

The way I see it so far would take the following steps:

1. Create a Guix package with all the system configuration (the package can
call guix system reconfigure after install).
2. Create a Guix pull channel.
3. Have the system automatically pulling the latest revision. (??)
4. Repeat.

Does this plan is looking sane to you and how can I regularly pull the
system's repository? Maybe using a service or a cron job?

Regards,
Jimmy