Re: guix system disk-image /etc/config.scm error: u-boot-allwinner-bootl

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Re: guix system disk-image /etc/config.scm error: u-boot-allwinner-bootloader: unbound variable
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 13:33:54 -0700

On Sat, 2020-02-01 at 12:56 -0700, Jesse Gibbons wrote:
> Hi anon,
> On Fri, 2020-01-31 at 20:18 +0000, anon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I installed guix on Armbian 19.11.6 on BananaPi M1. Command
> > 'guix pull' executing correctly, but when i try execute 'guix
> > system
> > disk-image /etc/config.scm' it end whith error:
> >     /etc/config.scm:20:0: error: u-boot-allwinner-bootloader:
> >     unbound variable
> >     hint: Did you forget `(use-modules (#g549 #))'?
> >
> > I cant find any information about this module, what is it?
> > Configuration file: https://pastebin.com/Tf5igU23
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> In order to boot on ARM-based machines (i.e. banana pi), guix needs
> use u-boot. u-boot-allwinner-bootloader should be in (gnu bootloader
> u-
> boot).
> Since every ARM computer has different hardware, you may need to make
> new bootloader and u-boot package for your banana pi M1. You can try
> greping the sources for "bananapi-m2-ultra" and making corresponding
> packages for bananapi-m1. I'm afraid I can't help you if that doesn't
> work though.
> I have been trying to make my banana pi m2u run the guix system for
> several weeks now without success because it isn't very well
> documented. The installer disk image I generated doesn't work when I
> dd
> it to the built-in emmc (bug report pending). If the disk image you
> are
> generating doesn't work, try using guix on armbian to bootstrap the
> system as described in the tutorial at <
> https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/guix-on-an-arm-board/> and make sure
> the
> bootloader and / refer to separate partitions.
> -Jesse

Sorry, I should have looked at your pastebin.
If your guix is running on guile 3, @@ apparently doesn't work. You
could copy the related definitions from (gnu bootloader u-boot), or you
could roll back to before the guile 3 update, or you could make a
channel from the current guix source with a difference that exports u-
boot-allwinner-bootloader.

If you aren't on guile 3, I'm not sure what's causing your error.

Also, I'm looking at a list of boards U-Boot can be built for at its
current version. Bananapi-M1 is not listed. Here are all the banana pi
boards it lists:
- Bananapi
- bananapi_m1_plus
- bananapi_m2_berry