Re: what does this mean??

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: what does this mean??
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:09:13 +0100

wisdomlight--- via <address@hidden> writes:

> after my first guix pull
> this came:
>
>> hint: After setting `PATH', run `hash guix' to make sure your shell refers to
>> `/home/sherab/.config/guix/current/bin/guix'.
>
> what PATH do i need to set?

You need to make sure that /home/sherab/.config/guix/current/bin comes
first in the list of directories in the PATH variable.

> How?

By adding something like this to your /etc/profile or ~/.bash_profile
file:

    export PATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/bin:$PATH"

If you are using Guix System you don’t need to do anything.

> How do I make sure the shell refers to
> ´/home/sherab/.config/guix/current/bin/guix ´ ??

You should run “hash guix” as the message says, and then you can run
“type guix” to confirm that the command “guix” resolves to the
executable at “/home/sherab/.config/guix/current/bin/guix”.

--
Ricardo