File is read-only; trying to patch anyway

From: LaFreniere, Joseph
Subject: File is read-only; trying to patch anyway
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 18:38:18 -0600

I am working on the attached patch to package https://github.com/akermu/emacs-libvterm.git.

When building the package I get the following error:

building /gnu/store/89icdpwha5vvqmn2yn3949w503ck6cq6-emacs-vterm-0-1.de63115.tar.xz.drv...
File vterm-module-make.el is read-only; trying to patch anyway
patching file vterm-module-make.el
File vterm.el is read-only; trying to patch anyway
patching file vterm.el
Hunk #1 FAILED at 45.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file vterm.el.rej

I have looked at several other packages and the call I'm making to `make-file-writable` _looks_ to be correct. But that function is either not called before the patch is applied or else it is not having the intended effect.

--
Joseph LaFreniere