Re: Can someone explain to me what happened?

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: Can someone explain to me what happened?
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 14:09:03 +0000 (UTC)

Dec 29, 2019 7:56:01 AM Jone :

> Yes, I understand these snippets. But we are talking exclusively about the
> minimal configuration and default settings.
> You can of course rewrite everything at all, the system allows - but! I'm a
> user, not a Lisp programmer. Moreover, just a worker in production.

Hi Jone,

As Tobias said, your opposition to GDM being the default in the minimal
configuration seems to be based on a personal distaste for the common author of
GDM and systemd. the choice of Slim being phased out as the default is due to
the nature of Slim being unmaintained. You are welcome to open a bug report
requesting GDM be replaced with something else, but I doubt it would get
anywhere. Your refusal to configure your system how you want it to be on the
premise that you are not a LISPer is not something we can help unless you ask
for that help.

On that note, we should either await a bug report from you and end the
discussion on the matter of this thread here.

Best of luck.

--
Brett M. Gilio
GNU Guix, Contributor | GNU Project, Webmaster