Re: Watching HTML5 video on GNU Guix?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Watching HTML5 video on GNU Guix?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 19:24:06 +0100

Znavko,

address@hidden 写道:
I have a question of how to use this part of the internet and work on GNU Guix simultaneously.

Trick answer, perhaps, but I watch all HTML videos with

 $ mpv URI…

even on other distributions.

On Guix System, it supports (libva) hardware acceleration, unlike any Web browser I've tried.

It's also just oodles more enjoyable & user-friendly than forcing a browser to be something it's not (slowly, badly, battery-destroyingly).

Unfortunately it doesn't support all sites, only those supported by youtube-dl.

Kind regards,

T G-R