Re: very old daemon = no substitutes?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: very old daemon = no substitutes?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 13:14:25 +0100

Le Mon, 23 Dec 2019 12:53:12 +0100 (CET),
Thomas Danckaert <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi Guix,
>
> I'm reconfiguring my system after almost one year without updates
> (meaning guix-daemon in my system profile is at version
> 0.16.0-8.7ba2b27, dating from january 2019).
>
> I ran guix pull (now at commit c109d32) and had to rebuild *a lot*
> (guile, git, I believe multiple versions of gcc, ...).  Now I'm
> reconfiguring, and it feels like I'm still building the whole world
> and not getting any substitutes (despite messages such as 'updating
> substitutes from https://ci.guix.info' and 'updating substitutes from
> https://berlin.guixsd.org')... could this be due to the old daemon,
> and should things improve once I have reconfigured a basic system
> with an up-do-date daemon, or is there something suspicious here?
>
> thank you for any help!
>
> Thomas

These two server names refer to the same machine, but I don't know if
the machine still serves substitutes on these names. Try using
https://ci.guix.gnu.org instead, and make sure you have authorized this
key:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/etc/substitutes/berlin.guixsd.org.pub