Re: [X-POST] patchwork.sourceware.org refresh

From: Siddhesh Poyarekar
Subject: Re: [X-POST] patchwork.sourceware.org refresh
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 13:26:16 +0530

On 08/12/19 5:51 pm, Christian Brauner wrote:
>> Maybe we can use <https://patchwork.kernel.org/> for temporary
>> hosting?  It already covers some non-kernel lists.
>
> If this is an option you'd probably need to talk to Konstantin about
> this.

Oh of course, less work is always better, I was only trying not to
bother them since we had not finalized use of patchwork.  Konstantin if
you're OK with us using the patchwork.kernel.org instance as a pilot,
it'll be great if you could set up an instance for glibc.

I had a couple of questions though before we set this up because these
were points that led to bitrot in our patchwork instance:

1. Do you have hooks in place to auto-close patches in patchwork when
they're committed?

2. Do you know if patchwork reliably closes off older versions of patch
submissions, or if there's a way other projects are managing this.

3. Could you allow one of us (me to start with) to add hooks to do CI
runs?  Alternatively, do you have some CI infrastructure in place that
allows projects to do builds against a patchwork submission and report
errors to the mailing list?

These are things I was going to explore with a local patchwork instance
and if it's possible with patchwork.kernel.org, I'm all for it.

Thanks,
Siddhesh