Re: bug#26608: channels.scm supporting substitutes

From: Nome Grey
Subject: Re: bug#26608: channels.scm supporting substitutes
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 04:25:17 -0800

Simon, thanks for your attention.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 2:23 AM zimoun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 00:32, Nome Grey <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > [...]  I'm trying to get guix going and upgrading on my resource-starved
> system without doing much compilation, using substitutes instead.
>
> Have you already Guix installed on your system?
> If yes, how did you install it? And what is the current version of
> Guix that you are running?

Yes, as mentioned in my previous email I am working with the channels.scm
file used by 'guix pull'.

I installed a foreign distribution of guix 1.0.1 i686 using the binary
installation steps from the manual.

I am currently running guix aca2bf5 but have a long-running process to
downgrade to 1b6c5e8 in order to find a substitute for ungoogled-chromium 78