Re: Fwd: Packaging a cmake C++ header only library requiring C++17

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Fwd: Packaging a cmake C++ header only library requiring C++17
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 15:58:00 +0100

Hi Josh,

Josh Marshall <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> nckd and I have gone back and forth over a few days in IRC trying to
> help me out here.  I am trying to package magic-enum (
> https://github.com/Neargye/magic_enum ) which is a C++ header only
> library requiring at least C++ 17, and uses the cmake build system.
> The problem which we can't figure out is why the compiler being used
> is the default for `gcc` at 7.4 while there is explicit use and
> dependency on `gcc` 9.2 via `gcc-9`.  We're stumped.
>
> Attached are the latest package definitions, build log, and cli
> invocation and output.

If you change 'inputs' to 'native-inputs', then CMake will pick up the
correct GCC, and you can remove the (arguments ...) block.

(you probably wanted -std=gnu++17 instead of -std=gnu17 too, but no need
when using GCC 9)

Pro tip: use 'guix build -f magic-enum.scm' to get the build output
right in your terminal.  :-)

HTH,
Marius