Re: xdm

From: ng0
Subject: Re: xdm
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 14:06:28 +0000

I have bits of an xdm package somewhere in my vault/archive of
"packages to send to guix once I find time to contribute again".

What makes it more complicated / time consuming with xdm is that
you need to figure out the service for it.

If you or anyone else wants to work on it, I can send a patch (external, not
applying to
guix.git).

Fwiw, I looked at the work OpenBSD does with their X11 patching (for more time
than I am willing to admit),
and it's not worth to extract and re-apply the meaningful patches
for one single project. I don't get why parabola is re-purposing this X11 work,
but OpenBSD work is usually written for OpenBSD with an underlying OpenBSD
system in mind. That's not to say their X11 is "useless", it's just useful
in OpenBSD.