Re: No luck with singularity (/var/singularity/mnt/container not found)

From: Eric Bavier
Subject: Re: No luck with singularity (/var/singularity/mnt/container not found)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 00:29:38 -0500 (EST)

Hello Wiktor,

----- On Nov 14, 2019, at 3:37 PM, Wiktor Żelazny address@hidden wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’ve never worked with singularity before. Reading “Using Guix
> Without Being root” on GuixHPC blog convinced me to give it a try.
> With system-wide (/etc/config.scm) singularity installation (per-user
> installation gave the same errors, and sudo does not help, either):
>
>   $ singularity selftest
>   + test -u /run/setuid-programs/singularity-action-helper  (retval=1) ERROR
>   Full output in: /tmp/tmp.mll6ICopmA

Did you add a singularity service to your config.scm?  That should handle
declaring the helper programs as setuid, and creating the container mount
directory in /var/singularity/mnt (see "Miscellaneous Services" in the manual).
 You'll add the service via, e.g.:

  (operating-system
    ;; ...
    (services
      (cons (service singularity-service-type)
            %base-services)))

--
`~Eric