Re: Detached LUKS header

From: elaexuotee
Subject: Re: Detached LUKS header
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 05:27:01 +0900

Chris Marusich <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not sure.  On your non-Guix setup, the crypttab exists in the
> initrd, right?  And that initrd exists in the /boot directory on the
> external drive, right?

Yes. Specifically, I am using dracut to generate the initrd and I believe it is
the crypt module that copies crypttab into the cpio. Similary, dracut.conf
ensures the initrd also contains the luks header file.

> Have you looked into how you can customize the initrd in Guix?

Beautiful. That URL you shared gives me a good starting place. Thank you.

> If you figure out a configuration that works, please do share it!

I sure will! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.