Re: Kernel Panic

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Kernel Panic
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 20:15:27 +0200

Raghav Gururajan <address@hidden> writes:

> Whenever I shutdown my system, I end up with kernel panic, 50% of the
> time.

Can you post a picture or transcript of the kernel panic?  Please also
include your system configuration and some information about the
hardware you are using (i.e. laptop model).

> I was wondering whether guix uses LTS releases of linux-libre or not?

The default kernel in Guix is the latest and greatest, but you can
choose to use one of the LTS releases that are available (4.4, 4.9, 4.14
or 4.19) by adjusting the 'kernel' field of your system configuration.

> Or is there any other way to prevent these kernel panic?

Try pulling the power instead of shutting down...  :-P

(on a more serious note, it could be interesting to see if holding
AltGr+SysRq and typing 'reisub' also triggers this problem, and at which
letter).