Re: List build dependencies of a store item

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: List build dependencies of a store item
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:31:43 +0200

Le 23 octobre 2019 07:33:37 GMT+02:00, Arun Isaac <address@hidden> a écrit :

>I am customizing the git-minimal package, and for some reason python is
>getting rebuilt from source, and I'm not able to figure out why.
>
>I can recursively list/graph runtime dependencies (references) of a
>store item using the following commands.
>
>guix size /gnu/store/...
>guix graph -t references /gnu/store/...
>
>How do I list the build dependencies (inputs of the build derivation)
>of
>a store item?
>
>Thanks,
>Arun.

I think a store item doesn't know where it comes from, so you can only find its
runtime references. If you have a package foo, you can find its build-time
dependencies with guix graph:

guix graph foo

There's even a script that was shared here to show the path between two nodes
of a guix graph, but I can't find it anymore.