xdm

From: Marco van Hulten
Subject: xdm
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 15:48:58 +0200

Hi—

I see quite some issues passing by of login managers.  Would it be a
good idea to provide XDM?  I have been using it a lot (especially in
the form of xenodm under OpenBSD) together with .xinitrc and I cannot
remember ever having any issue with it.

It would probably be easy to make it a standard option.  Maybe port
xenodm back if there are interesting bug fixes or features in there
that are not in xdm.

I wish I had more time to do better research or write some code for
Guix, but I've not right now.

—Marco