Re: Translating texinfo commands in Guix manual (was: Re: How to build o

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Translating texinfo commands in Guix manual (was: Re: How to build only Guix Manual)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 09:33:40 +0200

Thank you for your localization efforts!

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 03:18:58AM -0300, Rafael Fontenelle wrote:
> For example, for Brazilian Portuguese, I have translated to:
>
> #. type: Plain text
> #: doc/guix.texi:7
> msgid "@documentencoding UTF-8"
> msgstr ""
> "@documentencoding UTF-8\n"
> "@documentlanguage pt_BR"

You may want to add frenchspacing:

#. type: Plain text
#: doc/guix.texi:7
msgid "@documentencoding UTF-8"
msgstr ""
"@documentencoding UTF-8\n"
"@documentlanguage pt_BR\n"
"@frenchspacing on"

I do not know if french spacing is common in Portuguese.

> Now, using @pxref, @xref and any other related texinfo command are
> translated to the target language in the resulting Guix manual.
>
> [1] https://translationproject.org/domain/texinfo_document.html

I always use “see @ref{…}” because @xref and @pxref are only
translated in HTML output for me, but not when running “info guix.de”.
The info command looks more right and HTML looks the same.

Regards,
Florian