Re: Proposal to remove the off-topic, not free software related thoughtc

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Proposal to remove the off-topic, not free software related thoughtcrime accusations from the Guix project pages on GNU.ORG websitew
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 14:39:42 +0300

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
> * Alexander Vdolainen <address@hidden> [2019-10-09 23:13]:
> - and then within that group there is now a hostile takeover group of people
> starting with Ludovic Courtès and his "fellows" where none of them could
> answer my email to provide me with the facts about their statement. They are
> behaving against established implicit and explicit GNU guidelines, and so far
> nobody from FSF is enforcing any policy against them. They are danger to GNU
> project.
>
> My solution would be radical and simple: ask them to refrain damaging GNU
> project, or fork their software, and expell them from GNU project.
>
> AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Wow!  Ease off a bit!

You might not noticed that, but today Guix is the most vivid part of GNU.  And
I could not image an action, that might cause more damage to GNU project, than
urging Guix lead developers to leave.  Even if you believe that forking
software over political discord is good thing to do (despite it does not align
well with the rest of your message), by all means, you would not able to
outcompete them, so it would simply ended in Guix out of GNU.  So it even more
harmful than urging RMS to leave.  After all, RMS is mortal and, alas, will
leave us and GNU sooner or later, while Guix is not necessary.